Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels is designed for older adults who are home-bound and unable to prepare meals for themselves. Through the program, a volunteer delivers a meal directly to the seniors' door. Hot meals are locally prepared fresh on a daily basis and meet the recommended dietary guidelines.
- The person must be at least 60 years of age or be the spouse of a person at least 60 years of age.
- A Macomb County resident.
- The individual must be home-bound (unable to leave their home without assistance).
- The individual must be physically or emotionally unable to obtain food or prepare full meals.
- Eligibility for this program is not based on income.
A $3.50 contribution is suggested for each meal. All donations go directly back into the program to help provide meals.
Please call the Office of Senior Services if interested in applying for this program.
If a senior is not eligible for Meals on Wheels, he or she can have a hot lunchtime meal at a Dining Senior Style site. These sites serve meals at various locations throughout Macomb County. A list is available here.
Volunteers are vital to the Meals on Wheels program. Please visit the Meals on Wheels volunteer information page.
Meals on Wheels Menu
The Meals on Wheels program is closed and there is no regular meal delivery on the following holidays:
Please click here to view the holiday schedule
For more information about Meals on Wheels contact:
Office of Senior Services
21885 Dunham Road, Suite 6
Clinton Township, MI 48036
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.